LINKSYSSMARTWIFI.COM SET UP :
EA 9500 SMART WiFi ROUTER
EA9500 ROUTER SETUP:Step 1: Connect your router to power mains, if you are replacing an existing router, disconnect it and connect EA 9500 to power source. Step 2: Press the power button to turn on the router. Step 3: Connect Ethernet cable straight from internet port of Linksys router to your existing modem. Step 4: Connect your computer /laptop wirelessly with Linksys router network name, check setup guide for instructions or connect your computer & Linksys router with an Ethernet cable. Step 5: Launch a web browser and type HTTP://www.LinksysSmartWifi.com in address bar of your browser, a login screen will appear, follow the on screen instructions to set up Linksys smart wifi account & then you can easily configure your router from any computer with internet access.
MANAGE YOUR ROUTER SETTINGS :
LINKSYSSMARTWIFI ACCOUNT LOGIN :
To access linksyssmart wifi account settings, firstly launch a web browser and type (HTTP://www.LinksysSmartWifi.com) in address bar of your browser, a login screen will appear, in case of incorrect username and password try resetting the password, click on forgot password option & then follow on screen instructions.
NETWORK MAP:This feature allows you to check the number of devices which are connected to your existing network, you can allow & block mac address, check IP address for each of the connected devices with the router.
To access parental control feature in case of EA 9500 router or any EA series Linksys router, either login to your linksyssmartwifi account or you can manage router settings by using default IP address 192.168.1.1, a login screen will appear- use username & password both as admin. Under connectivity option select parental control option, add or remove websites or you can add keywords as per your search results which you want to exclude.
MEDIA PRIORITIZATION AND SPEED TEST:
You can add devices or list mac address of streaming or devices such as play station or x box, to compensate or provide adequate bandwidth to concerned devices.
LINKSYS EA SERIES ROUTERS FEATURES :
- ROSS :I have two WRT 1900 routers with a comcast connection. The comcast is in the bridge mode and the main Linksys router is connected via ethernet. The basement Linksys is connected via powerline adapter. Currently, the basement is on a different ssid and password but I would like them to have same SSID and password. WhenI try to log in to basement WRT1900, I can only log on to ethernet main linksys (perhaps because DCHP is disabled on basement router. 1. Is it possible (and OK) to have both on same SSID/Password? 2. How do I configure basement router if I cannot log in to it?
Solution : Yes , you can configure both linksyswrt 1900 router with same network name ssid , try to access linksys router login webpage using classic web address www.linksyssmartwifi.com or www.myrouter.local ,If you are connecting first linksys router as a access point , ssid network name will be same as Comcast modem ,if you are not able to access second router settings , try reseting the router using paper clip for 10 seconds ,then try www.linksyssmartwifi.com to access linksys router configuration page
- Michael :i had a internet interruption yesterday and have been unable to get my wifi reconnected. I tried the restart with no success ,I am using an ea 8500 smart wifilinksys router , my isp is xinfinity /Comcast
Solution : Try rebooting isp modem and linksys router , connect a ethernet cable from isp modem to your computer ,if you are getting internet access from your internet company , try reseting the linksys router using paper pn for 10 seconds ,then try to reconfigure linksysea 8500 router using ip address 192.168.1.1 or http://linksyssmartwifi.com or http://myrouter.local.
- Dan : I just got new router EA8500 model. I plug my web cam to usb on the back router but it not help me to set up. so I try to update now ,Time warner as spectrum. I used zoom be ok to usemy web cam security,Everything need to reset because I change router ,so I try to update this router then I use usb port to set up my secure webcam .
Solution : for initial setup of webcam ,connect a ethernet cable from linksyslan slot to webcam ,open a web browser and type www.linksyssmartwifi.com in address bar of the browser , click on network map option ,make a note of ip address of web cam , then try to access web cam configuration page using ip address .
- Chris : I am trying to replace my Xfinity modem/router with a Netgear modem and linysys router for better connectivity but I am trouble getting the router connected ,I have the modem up and running. The ethernet cable is connected to my computer from the modem at the moment so I can have wifi less than a year old , I am using ea 8500 smart wifilinksys router
Solution : certain isp like xfinity /Comcast only allow one pass through internet source mac address , in such cases connect a ethernet cable from modem to your computer , make a note of mac address of modem , apply the same settings , mac address value to linksys router using linksys router login web address www.linksyssmartwifi.com or http://myrouter.local ,make sure dhcp is enabled on netgear modem .
- BRYAN : Linksys smart wifi website is wanting to associate my router to my account. I have an account and know that password. I also know my current router password but when I enter it, it tells me invalid password , I have an EA9200 Tri-Band Router
Solution :If you are unable to login to linksys smart wifi router login webpage ,try resetinglinksys router password ,you can access linksys router configuration page using ip address 192.168.1.1 ,click on local access option , use default login password as admin .
- GERALD :the Internet Keeps dropping , I am using ea 9200 smart wifi router from inksys , any advice or suggestion , my previous router worked just fine
Solution : Try updating linksys router firmware , if there is any interference issues try changing channel settings on linksys router to 11 or 6 ,if you are using ea 9200 as an access point change mtu value to 1472 on ea 9200 router , to update linksys router firmware ,open a web browser type http://linksyssmartwifi.com in address bar of the browser ,click on internet connection option>> check for firmware >>update firmware ,alternatively you can download linksys router firmware file from linksys download centre,extract .bin file >>click on upload file >>upgrade firmware .
- JIM : ok its a EA9200. I am a IT guy myself so hopefully that will help you out. The issue I am having is router will just cut off, then back on. almost like it reboots. there is no pattern. it has done it already 20 times today. for the last week it has done this but not this bad. I did notice in my, connected devices not all show up. many devise show up under other devices
Solution : Try to connect linksys router to a different power source, make sure you are using linksys router power adapter with ea 9200 router , try to update router firmware to latest , you can download linksys router firmware from linksys support website , change preamble to short mode , if there are any unwanted devices connected to your linksys router , try updating your linksys router wifi password ,if still the problem persists , try reseting the linksys router to factory default using a paper clip for 10 seconds .
- Ryan : I am having problems with it on the wifi. I can plug up to it and get internet thru it but it doesnt seem to be working right ,where do I log in to configure. I don't have cd ,
Solution : Configuration of Linksys router is easy and simple, linksy sea series routers can be setup without cd, connect a ethernet cable from isp modem to wan slot of linksys router ,then from lan slot of linksys router to your computer , then open a web browser and type www.linksyssmartwifi.com or myrouter.local in address bar of the browser , follow the onscreen instructions to set up linksys smart wifi router .
- John : We had a power outage and our router isn't working, it shows the wifi is there, but not connection is available. I tried to fix it, and now no wifi is even being shown,i need to change router name and password and it is not allowing me to make change. router is connected and i can access wifi but i want to secure it with personal password.
Solution : Try to access linksys router configuration page using ip address 192.168.1.1 , or using classic web address www.linksyssmartwifi .com or myrouter.local , under wireless settings you can update new network name ssid and wifi passphrase ,press and hold wifi button on linksys router for 3 seconds, if still the problem persists , try reseting the linksys router ,then reconfigure the router .
- Carol : I have connected the router to my tower with Ethernet cable and the other pcs and Ipad do not recognize the router and are trying to connect to the extender, I can log in to smart wifi, but when I type my router password I get an invalid notice.
- Doug : I want to put in my own password. I was issued a password after a router reset. Stephanie : I usually have 3 wifi options showing, a 2.4 and 5 and guest,nowi only have one... my step son said the others stopped working after some bad weather about a week ago.i have tried to log into my smart wifi account and it won't take my router password,
- Scott : The issue I have. I gave my old router to someone EA8500. I am using a EA9500. The issue is when I log in to smart wifi to access my dashboard with my linksys smart wifi it defaults to the EA8500 and I cannot access the EA9500 specific dashboard. My linksys smart wiifi app on phone works fine - i can toggle back and forth between the two routers. I cannot do it on my computer dashboard though