LINKSYS WRT 1900 AC SET UP / LOGIN :
Call Toll Free 1-800-280-0640
Linksys ac 1900 is equipped with upgraded cpu (1.6 ghz dual core cpu ), linksyswrt 1900 has four gigabit ports and 512 mb ram for better data transfers ,3.0 usb for external storage, Linksys ac 1900 works on beamforming technology for better internet connectivity. Wrt 1900 ac has 4 external antennas for greater range and coverage. Linksys smart wifi router is open source ready router ,you can update any third party or Linux based firmware for better performance and connectivity .
LINKSYS WRT 1900 AC SET UP:
- STEP 1: Connect external antennas to your linksyswrt 1900 ac router , plug your linksys router to power source and wait for the lights to turn solid green
- STEP 2: Power off existing router if any ,and connect a ethernet cable from modem to your linksyswrt 1900 router .
- STEP 3: Restart your modem ,unplug the power cable wait for 10 seconds ,then restart your modem
- STEP 4: Connect a ethernet cable from lan slot of linksys router to your computer , or open wireless console utility of your computer and connect your computer wirelessly with linksys router .
- STEP 5: Launch a web browser and type http://linksyssmartwifi.com in address bar of your browser ,a login screen will appear , in case of initial setup ,quick setup screen will appear, follow on screen instructions to select internet connection type ,advanced users can select manual configuration option
- STEP 6: In updates for your router window ,select automatically update linksys router option, select automatically install updates option .
- STEP 7: Enter network name and password as desired for your linksyswrt 1900 router and click next option .
- STEP 8: Reconnect your computer and other devices with new network name and network key password
- STEP 9: Create a new login password for your linksyswrt 1900 ac router and then click on next option .
- STEP 10: Create linksys smart wifi account and then click on next option, linksyssmartwifi account can be used later on for linksys router access, and to manage router settings locally or from private network, linksyssmartwifi account lets you to manage ,update linksys router settings locally or remotely .
RESOLVING SLOW INTERNET CONNECTION INTERMITTENT CONNECTION IN CASE OF LINKSYS ROUTER :
There may be multiple reasons that your devices are experiencing slow internet connection ,streaming devices like smart tv or gaming devices like playstation, x box might experience dropping internet connection issues ,this is mainly due to following reasons :
- MTU SIZE
- INTERFERENCE IN SIGNALS AND BANDWIDTH
- LOW SIGNALS FROM ROUTER ITSELF
- ROUTER FIRMWARE NEEDS TO BE UPDATED
MTU RESIZING : Adjusting MTU maximum transmission unit specifies to the largest data packet units transferred by router for internet connectivity, MTU can be determined by command ping -yahoo.com-f-1 (mtu size), if there is no data loss ,at one particular mtu value, note that particular value, open a web browser and type linksyssmartwifi.com in address bar of your browser, a login screen will appear, use username and password as admin for local access, click on internet set up option and select mtu to manual, then click apply and save option .
INTERFERENCE IN SIGNALS :
Your linksys router might be transmitting same frequency as your cordless phone, in such cases try to change wireless signals of your router, wifi signals are selected on auto or 1, change it to 6 or 11, restart your devices and router and try reconnecting devices with linksys router, to change signals on linksys router ,open a web browser type linksyssmartwifi.com in address bar, under wireless settings option, update channel settings to 6 or 11 for 2.4 ghz. Place your router as high as possible, avoid linksys router stacking ,its recommended to place linksys router at a centralized location for better connectivity and performance. To change network name and security settigs of linksys router, open a web browser type http://www.linksyssmartwifi.com in address bar of your browser a login screen will appear, select wireless settings option ,update network name and wifi passphrase ,and then reconnect your devices .
LINKSYS ROUTER FIRMWARE UPDATE :
Its recommended to update linksys router firmware to latest ,to fix security vulnerability related bugs and to improve linksys router overall performance, to update linksys router firmware, launch a web browser, type http://www.linksyssmartwifi.com in address bar of your browser, a login screen will appear, click on network option, then click on automatic firmware update option or you can download latest linksys router firmware from linksys support website .
LINKSYS EA SERIES ROUTERS(linksys smart wifi routers) :
- EA 9500 ( Default access – www.linksyssmartwifi.com or 192.168.1.1 )
- EA 8500 ( Default access – www.linksyssmartwifi.com or 192.168.1.1 )
- EA 6900 ( Default access – www.linksyssmartwifi.com or 192.168.1.1 )
- EA 6500( Default access – www.linksyssmartwifi.com or 192.168.1.1 )
- EA 4500 ( Default access – www.linksyssmartwifi.com or 192.168.1.1 )
- EA 3500 ( Default access – www.linksyssmartwifi.com or 192.168.1.1 )
- EA 2700( Default access – www.linksyssmartwifi.com or 192.168.1.1 )