LINKSYSSMARTWIFI.COM SET UP :
Setting up a Linksys router using smart setup utility: Setting up any Linksys router using Linksyssmartwifi is very simple. The smart setup features are there in the router firmware itself. Even if the router is connected to the internet or whether it is in the default state, the smart setup works on all Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers.
Benefits of Smart set up(linksyssmartwifi.com)
There is no need for a setup CD or any other additional software for the setup process.
There is no need to manually configure the router using the default router IP address using a web-based console.
Requirements For Linksys Router Setup: In order to set up the router using smart set up, you need the following things:
- A browser either it is Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Linksys Smart Wifi Router.
- 1 or 2 Ethernet cables RJ 4500
- Wireless computer or desktop with an Ethernet port
- Active Internet connection.
EA 9500 SMART WiFi ROUTER
EA9500 ROUTER SETUP:
Step 1: Connect your router to power mains, if you are replacing an existing router then disconnect it and connect EA 9500 to the power source.
Step 2: Press the power button to turn on the router.
Step 3: Alternatively, connect an Ethernet cable straight from the internet port of Linksys router to your existing modem.
Step 4: Users can set up a computer/laptop wirelessly with Linksys router network name. Check setup guide for instructions or connect your computer & Linksys router with an Ethernet cable.
Step 5: Launch a web browser and type HTTP://www.LinksysSmartWifi.com in the address bar of your browser. A login screen will appear, follow the on-screen instructions to set up Linksys smart wi-fi account & then you can easily configure your router from any computer with internet access.
MANAGE YOUR ROUTER SETTINGS :
- Change your router’s network name & password (HTTP://www.LinksysSmartWifi.com)
- Set up Guest access controls
- Configure parental control
- Connect devices to the network (WPS)
- ·Test Your Internet Connection Speed
LINKSYSSMARTWIFI ACCOUNT LOGIN :
To access Linksys smart wifi account settings, firstly launch a web browser and type (HTTP://www.LinksysSmartWifi.com) in the address bar of your browser, a login screen will appear. In case of an incorrect username and password try resetting the password. Click on forgot password option & then follow on-screen instructions.
This feature allows you to check the number of devices that are connected to your existing network. You can allow & block Mac address, check the IP address for each of the connected devices with the router.
In case of EA 9500 router or any EA series Linksys router, you have to log in to your Linksys smart wifi account or you can manage router settings by using default IP address 192.168.1.1. A login screen will appear- use username & password both as admin. Under connectivity options select parental control option, add or remove websites or you can add keywords as per your search results which you want to exclude.
MEDIA PRIORITIZATION AND SPEED TEST:
You can add devices or list the Mac address of streaming or devices such as play station or x box to compensate or provide adequate bandwidth to concerned devices.
LINKSYS EA SERIES ROUTERS FEATURES :
- MU-MIMO GIGABIT ROUTERS
- CONCURRENT TRI-BAND AND ADJUSTABLE EXTERNAL ANTENNA
- BEAMFORMING TECHNOLOGY
- DMZ FILTERING
- PORT FORWARDING TRIGGERING
- LINKSYS SMART CONNECT FEATURE
- USB 3.0 BACKWARD COMPATIBLE
- BAND STEERING OPTION FOR OPTIMAL SPEEDS
- SEAMLESS ROAMING FOR CONNECTING ADDITIONAL ACCESS POINTS
- HTTPS WEBSITE BLOCK USING PARENTAL CONTROL FEATURE
LINKSYS ROUTER TROUBLESHOOTING
- ROSS: I have two WRT 1900 routers with a Comcast connection. The Comcast is in the bridge mode and the main Linksys router is connected via Ethernet. The basement Linksys is connected via a power line adapter. Currently, the basement is on a different SSID and Password but I would like them to have the same SSID and password. When I try to log in to basement WRT1900, I can only log on to Ethernet main Linksys (perhaps because DCHP is disabled on the basement router. 1. Is it possible (and OK) to have both on same SSID/Password? 2. How do I configure the basement router if I cannot log in to it?
Solution: Yes, you can configure both Linksys WRT 1900 router with the same network name SSID. Try to access the Linksys router login webpage using classic web address www.linksyssmartwifi.com or www.myrouter.local. If you are connecting the first Linksys router as an access point, the SSID network name will be the same as the Comcast modem. If you are not able to access second router settings then try resetting the router using a paper clip for 10 seconds, then try www.linksyssmartwifi.com to access Linksys router configuration page.
- Michael: I had an internet interruption yesterday and have been unable to get my Wi-Fi reconnected. I tried the restart with no success. I am using an EA8500 smartwifilinksys Router. My ISP is Xfinity /Comcast.
Solution: Try rebooting ISP modem and Linksys router. Connect an Ethernet cable from the ISP modem to your computer. If you are getting internet access from your internet company, try resetting the Linksys router using the paper pin for 10 seconds. Then try to reconfigure Linksys EA 8500 router using IP address 192.168.1.1 or http://linksyssmartwifi.com or http://myrouter.local.
- Dan: I just got a new router, the EA8500 model. I plug my webcam to USB on the back router but it does not help me to set up. So I try to update time Warner as a spectrum. I used zoom be ok to use my webcam security. Everything needs to reset because I change the router, so I try to update this router then I use the USB port to set up my secure webcam.
Solution: For the initial setup of the webcam, connect an Ethernet cable from Linksys LAN slot to webcam. Open a web browser and type www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar of the browser. Click on the network map option; make a note of the IP address of webcam. Then try to access the webcam configuration page using the IP Address.
- GERALD: The Internet keeps dropping. I am using the EA9200 Smart Wi-Fi router from Linksys. Any advice or suggestions. My previous router worked just fine.
Solution: Try updating Linksys router firmware, if there is any interference issues then try changing channel settings on Linksys router to 11 or 6. If you are using EA9200 as an access point change MTU value to 1472 on the EA9200 router. To update Linksys router firmware, open a web browser and type http://linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar of the browser, click on internet connection option>> check for firmware >>update firmware. Alternatively, you can download the Linksys router firmware file from Linksys download center, extract .bin file >>click on upload file >>upgrade firmware.
- JIM: Ok it’s an EA9200. I am an IT guy myself so hopefully, that will help you out. The issue I am having is router will just cut off, then back on. Almost like it reboots. There is no pattern. It has done it already 20 times today. For the last week, it has done this but not this bad. I did notice in my connected devices, not all show-up. Many devices show up under other devices.
Solution: Try to connect the Linksys router to a different power source. Make sure you are using the Linksys router power adapter with the EA9200 router. Try to update router firmware to the latest. You can download Linksys router firmware from the Linksys support website and change preamble to short mode. If there are any unwanted devices connected to your Linksys router then try updating your Linksys router Wi-Fi password. If still, the problem persists then try resetting the Linksys router to factory default using a paper clip for 10 seconds.
Linksys Router Guest Network Setup
Linksys routers let the user set up separate Network settings for the user, this feature is available in all Linksys smart wifi routers as well as Linksys X series gateways. Linksys guest network can be set up easily using Linksys connect software or you can simply log in to Linksys web-based configuration page.
STEP 1: Linksys Guest Network Setup using Linksys Smart Connect: You can download Linksys smart connect utility on your computer, then click on guest Network option, Click on allow guest access option, then select the number of guest clients you want to set up. user can even customize settings for the Linksys Guest network using Smart connect utility.
STEP 2: User can log in to Linksys smart wifi web interface using web address http://linksyssmartwifi.com or http://www.linksyssmartwifi.com, a login screen will appear, enter your login password and then click on Guest Access feature on Linksys smart wifi router. Click on allow guest access to enable this feature.