What is Linksys EA6200?
Linksys EA6200 is a dual-band router with two frequencies, 2.4 GHz, and 5 GHz. 2.4 GHz provides more coverage and less speed and its 5 GHz band provides less coverage and more speed. It supports 802.11 ac wireless technology and has four Gigabit Ethernet ports. It has a USB 3.0 port for file and printer sharing.
What is 802.11 ac and speed provided by it?
This is a standard wireless technology that works on the 5 GHz band. A combined speed of 1200 Mbps is provided by both the bands (2.4 GHz = 300 Mbps and 5 GHz = 867 Mbps)
Which USB port is supported by Linksys EA6200?
It has one USB 3.0 port for data and printer sharing. But this router is also compatible with USB 2.0 devices.
Where to find the model number of your router?
The model number can be found out on the product label at the bottom of your router or quick installation guide. You can also see the model number by opening the user interface of your router.
What is the default IP address of Linksys EA6200?
The default IP address of most of the Linksys routers is 192.168.1.1. So, this is also the same for Linksys EA6200. This IP address is used while the setup or configuration of your Linksys router. When you want to open the web-based user interface of the Linksys router then you have to type this IP address in the address bar of your browser.
What is the default username and password to open the Linksys EA6200 user interface?
The default username and password is admin. You can alter the username and password whenever you want. It is also recommended to change the default login credentials to protect your network from other same networks around you.
How to setup Linksys EA6200 dual band router?
Linksys EA6200 router can be set up through two methods. The first one is the smart setup wizard. The setup wizard automatically opens when you connect a computer to your Linksys router and then launch a web browser from the same computer. It will open the setup wizard and you have to follow the instructions.
The second method is manual where you skip the smart wizard setup and set it up using your own knowledge of setting up the router.
How to perform the setup of Linksys EA6200?
- Connect your computer to the wireless network of Linksys router shown in the list of the wireless network. Enter the password to connect. The password will be printed in the quick start guide or product label of your router.
- Open a web browser from the same computer. You can use Mozilla Firefox. Use the IP address 192.168.1.1 or linksyssmartwifi.com to set up. Enter either of them in the address bar.
- Agree to the terms and conditions by enabling the checkbox. Now, the smart setup wizard finds your internet connection.
- Follow the instructions. Enter the password for your DSL and click next each time.
- Select the network name and network password. By using this, you can connect to your router’s network.
- Create a router password and provide a hint if you want. Click next and finish the setup process.
The router is setup successfully. You can take help from us for any issues.
How to reset this router or any other Linksys smart wifi router to factory default settings?
Two methods are there to reset a Linksys smart wifi router.
- Hard Reset: Locate the reset button on the Linksys ea6200 router. Press and hold it for around 30 seconds and release. Wait till the router again restarts.
- Soft Reset: Open your Linksys smart wifi account and open the troubleshooting panel. Click on the reset button under factory default settings.
There is a big difference in restoring and resetting. A configuration file having all the changed savings will be there with you if you want to restore the settings you want. But when you reset your router all the settings will be set to factory default settings.
After resetting I am unable to get the smart setup wizard
If this is the issue you are facing after resetting your router then follow these troubleshooting tips.
If you are not getting the smart setup wizard then you can get it by typing the IP address 192.168.1.1 or myrouter.local or linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar of your internet browser.
Make sure your computer is set to get the IP address automatically. If not so then change the settings before looking for the smart setup wizard.
A smart setup will only be displayed when your Linksys router is on default settings. If you have changed then settings then it considers that your router is already set up so it does not require any setup wizard. For further issues on Linksys router EA6200 or any other model, contact us anytime.