LINKSYS EA 9200 SMART WIFI ROUTER
Call Toll-Free 1-800-280-0640
EA9200 is one of the Smart WiFi router developed by Linksys. It is a Tri-band Smart WiFi router. Tri-band technology is used to double or maximize the speed of the router. This technology adds a radio of 5 GHz to increase the speed. It can combine the speed of up to 3.2 Gbps. It also strengthens the performance of a dual-band router. It has a special feature called Smart Connect that is used to optimize the performance of the router. This router is basically for homes and offices that are having wireless devices in large amounts.
This feature allows the router to give a 5GHz client to one of its two radios that are wireless on the 5 GHz WiFi band. If this thing is allowed, it is helpful in increasing the performance of the router. By using this feature, the router will drive the client to disconnect and reconnect to other radio within the 5 GHz band.
Some of the features of the Linksys EA9200 are mentioned below:
- Guest Network: You can form an additional network for your guests with a different login name and password. You can create a network for up to 50 guests.
- Parental Control: You can have control over certain websites so that your children and other family members are not able to access the wrong websites.
- Smart Connect: As explained above, it is used to enhance the performance of the router.
- USB ports: It is having one USB 3.0 and one USB 2.0 port.
- It uses beamforming technology.
- It is compatible with Ipv6.
Steps to follow to install the router:
Step1: Disconnect the existing router, if you are replacing the same.
Step2: On the top of the router, connect the antennas and plug it into the power source and switch it on.
Step3: At the back of your router, there is a yellow port. Connect the Internet cable from the modem to that yellow port.
Step4: Wait till the Linksys logo on the front turns solid.
Step5: In the quick start, the guide connects to the secure wireless name that came with the router. You can change the username and password after setting up the router. But first, you have to start with the default name. You also can’t have internet access till the setup for the router is complete.
Step6: Launch a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and type Linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar at the top of the browser. Follow the instructions given there to set up the router.
Now at the end when setup is complete, follow the instructions to make the Linksys Smart WiFi account. This account is important to make because you can change the settings of the router or you can configure the router after making an account on the official website.
What can you do after having a Linksys Smart WiFi account?
- Can change the name and password of the router.
- Can make guest network.
- Configure parental controls.
- You can also connect several devices to your network.
- Can check the internet connection speed
How to connect to Linksys Smart Wi-Fi?
Step1: Launch a web browser and type linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar of the browser window.
Step2: Sign in by entering the username and password in the username and password fields respectively.
Steps to change the settings of the router: You need to log in to your Linksys Smart WiFi account.
There is a left menu on the top that is having further options. You can select either of them to change their settings.
- Network Map: By this feature, you can manage all network devices connected to your router. You can access both guest network and main network and can view devices connected to each of them. You can also have information about each device connected to your network.
- Guest network: you can make and configure the network specifically made for your guest. This network is made so your guest are not be able to access all the resources of your network.
- Parental Controls: You can block the websites which you want to from your children and other family members. You can also set access time like for game sites of your children.
- Media Prioritization: You can give priority to your devices and applications for the network traffic.
- Speed test: You can also check the speed of your internet connection.
- External Storage: It has a USB port so you can attach USB and access it.
- Connectivity: Lets you configure basic and advanced network settings.
- Wireless: You can change the SSID (network name), password, security mode. You can also connect the device using WiFi protected setup.
- Troubleshooting: You can go through various problems while setting up the router. This feature allows you to diagnose the problem and then find a solution.
- Security: For security purposes, it allows you to configure and setup the firewall. You can also make custom settings for applications and games.
Problem 1: Your router is not successfully set up
Solution: If this problem occurs, you have to reset your router. To reset, press and hold the reset button with the help of a paperclip on the backside of your router for about 10 seconds. This step will again set the settings of the router to default. Now you can again install the router by following the steps given on website linksyssmartwifi.com.
Problem 2: Getting a message of “Your Internet cable is not plugged in”
Solution: If you are getting this message then do check the following things:
- Ethernet cable is connected properly and to the yellow Internet port of the router situated at the back.
- The modem is plugged in properly into the power outlet. And check the power switch on the modem, it should be in the on mode.
- If your Internet service is cable, verify that the cable modem’s CABLE port is connected to the coaxial cable provided by your ISP. Or, if your Internet service is DSL, make sure that the DSL phone line is connected to the modem’s DSL port.
- Disconnect the USB cable if your computer was previously connected to your modem with a USB cable. Now, install the router again.